Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Local Color









Last week found me telling out of state friends and family there was very little fall foliage apparent in the Champlain Valley. From here at the Mount Philo Inn on the west side of Mount Philo, looking west to Lake Champlain, the view was predominently of greens and yellows.
However, Friday I drove to Richmond for the Richmond Farmers' Market and to my surprise very quickly as I travelled east the colors became more intense, and by the time I got to Richmond the leaves were in full color. At home, seemingly overnight the reds appeared, especially in the sumac, and by Saturday and the last Shelburne Farmers' Market the colors, if not at peak, were very pleasing.
Here are some photos I took around the Inn over the weekend, as well as a couple new aprons in autumn colors which I have listed on my etsy shop.

1 comment:

admin said...

nice posts and interesting to many readers. I really appreciate this especially the photos. thanks!