Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Computer Meltdown

Oh, my dear, I haven't posted on this blog for over two months! I'm not a faithful blogger but that is ridiculous!!!
A good part of the problem, besides competing demands on my time and attention, was a computer meltdown several weeks ago. My faithful laptop got infected with a virus and after trying first aid on it myself it completely went down.
If you live in the greater Burlington, Vermont area the answer to this kind of problem is Pierre at Recycle North. He is terrific, a magician, in fact, particularly when it comes to older computers such as mine, which was daughter Liz's when she was an undergrad. I have a sentimental attachment to it, and while old it works just fine for me and I don't need anything fancier. Anyway, Pierre took it into intensive care and it lives to fight another day.
In the meantime, however, my email got backed up, and I have lots of photos etc. stored online that need to be downloaded once again, so I've been avoiding the computer as much as possible since it returned...just opening it up reminds me how much work I have to do. Well, I'll try to be more faithful.

No comments: