Saturday, February 16, 2008

Then Came Baby Bibs







My older daughter got married a lot that year. She was, in fact, something of a seriel bride, but since she was marrying and remarrying the same fine man it provided us amusement and entertainment and not concern.
In January she married him three times...a private civil ceremony to make it legal, then a day for the immediate family which included two ceremonies - one in English, one in Tamil, and two receptions. In April a large celebration for family and friends on the groom's side in Nashville, and a few weeks later a trip to India which included - I've lost count - one or two wedding celebrations. By the time they had their big, outdoor celebration here in Vermont in August they were expecting their first child. So all of those fabric scraps I'd been saving from making dog scarves soon were earmarked to make baby bibs.

Soon they learned that they were expecting their first children! Twin boys! So the reversible bibs I was making and had tentatively called "two faced bibs" began and remains my "twin faced bibs".
I know many people are attracted to baby bibs with characters, bunnies, sports teams or funny baby sayings on them, but I'm in business to work with fabric I love so my bibs are fashioned from complimentary cotton fabrics of the highest quality and design. Bright colors, beautiful florals, French and African designs...whatever suits my fancy. My latest and most popular bib to date features an out of print farm pastoral on one side and an out of print Laura Ashley design of children playing at the beach...I call it "Summer in Vermont". Another favorite design of mine refashions vintage, monogrammed damask napkins into bibs...I love repurposing vintage linens!



1 comment:

Casey said...

Those are great! Funny story too. Congrats on your twin grandsons!!