Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Lost Sock Memorial Day

My friend Linda writes on her blog that Friday, May 9th is Lost Sock Memorial Day, the day we remember all of those lost socks whose return we await year after year.http://spottedcowsoaps.blogspot.com/2008/05/blog-contest-for-lost-sock-memorial-day.html
Well, I immediately thought I'd better blog about it, as Friday May 9th is my daughter Becca's birthday and Becca has been, for about 15+ years now, the style maven of mismatched socks. I can't remember whether she got away with it in Catholic school, but by the time she entered high school she'd hit her stride and was forever wearing socks that didn't match. Any lost sock in the household immediately found a new mate of a different color in Becca's wardrobe. Soon she was the envy of her classmates.
Do you know there is a Vermont company that makes mismatched socks?
Last year I was actively thinking of making little laundry bags for holding mismatched socks...I wanted to print the French phrase for "mismatched socks" on them, but our Paris contact told us that there wasn't really an equivalent phrase, it would come to something like "sock which no longer has partner", not something in common usage. If any reader knows better, let me know!

No comments: